Today on this occasion of World Environment Day, I am writing this post.-
“I am otherwise very good person but there is one complaint about me that whenever I step out of my house I observe more plants than people. It is a fact indeed. Many of my acquaintances do make fun of this habit. But I Can’t help it.”
Actually what started as a need of my study subject became my habit later on. From observing the peculiar characteristics of plant species and identifying, I slowly started learning from them. I found my masters (Gurus) in plants. You won’t believe they have taught me many memorable lessons of life and shown path during my vulnerable times when I felt lost.
Recently I noticed people are lacking awareness about environment of which these mute beings are major part. So I felt a desperate need to dedicate an article to them. If you ask me what have the plants taught you?
My plants have taught me –
- To survive all the adversities.
- To remain deeply rooted to the ground.
- To give shelter to the needy.
- To blossom in right season and shed leaves in unfavorable times.
- To live to the fullest, come what may.
- Some stages during growth are dormant. But that doesn’t mean absence of growth . It’s the preparation of future events.
- Its doesn’t matter whether you are a tree or grass, what matters is that you are something. Trees teach you endurance and grass teach you persistence.
- Tree is not greener all the days.Nothing except change is constant. One who adapts in season changes, survives.
- Nothing can grow beneath a banyan tree. It means you can find protection but not growth in the vicinity of huge personality.
- Patience is the greatest of all virtues taught by plants.
This is what I learnt from them.I have found eternal bliss living with my plants. It’s my wish to protect them lifelong and spread awareness in the society regarding their conservation. So, with this I take your leave .
Let’s make a resolution to conserve plants, and environment and make World a better place.